Wednesday, January 6, 2010

new address

ok, so I have a new address! Let's hope it works. I posted it on the left side but here it is again:

Maggie Fogarty
Peace Corps Volunteer
BP 15
Kibuye, Rwanda

I am a bit sad as the nearest post office is 2.5 hours away. I was sending letters pretty frequently before, but now, not so much. I learned again today that getting out of my site isn't exactly easy. I tried to get on the 10 am bus this morning so i went to the road and was there by 930. the first bus came by at 1030, covered in Ludacris stickers and just drove by because it was full. COOL. Next bus comes 25 minutes later, also full. So, I didn't make it off the mountain today. I walked to town to get minutes but almost every boutique is closed and I realized I didn't really know where I was going. I walked back home with no minutes, and got Ernest my neighbor to take me back to town, further in where most the stores were closed and we finally found some credit! WHEw. We took the shortcut home which is straight up hill and I was sweating profusely and panting. Really awesome. 

my house at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment