Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ew.


I am back at Bumba. I came back to my site yesterday after being in Kibuye for almost 2 weeks. It was nice, but I am glad to be home. Sure they have wireless internet, but they also have SOOOOOO many mosquitoes I dreaded going to bed every night. I didn’t sleep well at all there, and today slept in till 1 pm. Whoops. Bugsy came over yesterday and watched me unpack for a bit. I didnt finish because the hobbling around became too much. I have a lot of stuff too, as these past 2 weeks I was blessed my the care package gods. I got a total of 8 boxes, from Singapore, Texas, and El Segundo. One even had trash in it thank you, you know who you are. But I got all sorts of goodies like flower and vegetable seeds, already baked brownies, books and magazines including 3 Twilight books, new movies like Avatar, Precious (wtf?!), 2012 etc. I got a valentine’s package from Jeff after I had 2 Turbo Kings, and got all emo looking at our photo book and cards. It was awesome though.

Like 10 of us went to Nyanza this weekend to see Mup and each other. I would write more about our time there, but Peace Corps thinks we behaved like assholes and sent us an email about it, so I’ll leave it at that. Bunch of nonsense if you ask me, so don’t ask. It was awesome having yogurt again though! Sooooo good!

I finally got to talk to Jeff in Albania and that was thrilling, obviously. We are trying to figure out calling because its super expensive on both ends. He tried to call me and it was $2.50 for ONE minute. Obviously, that’s not gonna work out. He just found an internet café so hopefully that will help out. He is living with a host family who doesn’t speak any English, and not gonna lie, I’m a bit jealous. He will definitely learn the language that way and I kinda wish I had that on my side. I have had an amazing experience anyway, just saying.

Last night I was reading the longest book ever, Pillars of the Earth, and I kept hearing this noise in my sitting room. I realized it was coming from my trunk and I figured it was just a lizard because when I came home there was poop everywhere. There were also a bunch of spiderwebs. Ew. But I opened the trunk and didn’t see anything so let it drop shut and thought I’d deal with it today. I opened the trunk today, didn’t see anything at first, and then I did. And then I screamed like a baby. Haha. There was a baby mouse or rat smashed where I dropped the lid! He was almost out before he was killed. I didn’t inspect it much, and closed the lid again. Megan says she’ll take care of it when she comes over tomorrow. My bad.

That’s about it. Singapore next week! Going to finish my long book so I can start some new stuff. Had bad allergies all day and ate oreos and hot chocolate. Loooooove care packages. I’ll try to add pictures in a few. xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Hey Maggie, its Jenna. Avatar is a great movie. Hope your leg is feeling better. Sorry about the rat. I think they are all out of the girls locker room at school after the bunch that were there last year. Hope you have fun in Singapore and get some rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pillars is the loOongest book ever!!! Good luck;)
    Yeay for you being back home... amd enjoy your upcoming vacay in Singapore<3 Pig out on the American brands;)
    Looove you!!!!
    ps:get on those Twilights, i know you missed Edward and Bella!!!

    ReplyDelete