Tuesday, March 16, 2010

jeff!

Today Jeff leaves for Peace Corps Albania. He is serving as a community and development organization facilitator. I have had sooo many emotions about him leaving but I think its because I know exactly what he is going thru. It’s a crazy time and I am SO excited and happy for him. I know things will be hard with communication during training but I am confident we will figure it out. Good news is time difference is only an hour! How cool is that?! So far it sounds like he has a pretty good group of people, including a handful of folks from California. I think he is definitely at an advantage with all the knowledge he has from me being here and visiting a PCV abroad. He even met a girl who served in Albania just this past year. She said in the capital there are many amenities to be purchased and lots of foods familiar to home so that sounds promising. And supposedly there are lots of western toilets. I am one of the only volunteers here without a squatty potty. Lucky for me and my broken leg! Anyway, I am so anxious to hear all about his Peace Corps experience. I am so very proud of Jeff and love him very very much. I hope he loves Albania and his time there. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Jeff will a great job, and you two will get through it just fine.

    Like the new format, much happier look...

    ReplyDelete