Wednesday, November 18, 2009

30 more days in Nyanza...

This has been a pretty good week. Today I finished model school so no more awkward observations (wooohooooo!) and less stress lesson planning with few materials. Saturday night everyone was over here partying and then went to the language house. I stayed here already drunk and read and enjoyed a nice peaceful house…except it wasn’t quiet. The guard was all over our house going thru cupboards and I heard pots and pans so I figured he was eating. I mean, that’s fine that he’s hungry, but he isn’t allowed in our house. He didn’t know anyone was home. Then he came to my bedroom door and tried o open it but since our door is half broken it felt like it was locked. I was mortified of course and worried he was trying to jack our stuff. I told Mupemba a few days later and he had a talk with the guard who was pretty angry about being confronted and made up all sorts of crap. He was fired yesterday. I feel really bad, but I would have felt even worse had my computer and stuff been taken. Ellie and I had some shirts made with matching material and you can see the pictures of them on facebook. Today I saw a kid with a Thailand shirt that Kalan has. Pretty pumped about it. That picture is also on facebook. There are a ton of Aeropostale shirts here. I don’t know if they are heavily donated or what but it’s weird how many I see. They aren’t crazy popular in the states right?


I finally got a picture of Gus Gus today which was exciting. On Friday I am going some 6 hours away to stay with a health volunteer until Tuesday. Should be an interesting/fun/awkward trip. I swear in on December 17th and then I am officially a volunteer. I won’t know if I am keeping the same mailing address as I found out some of the health PCVs have the own P.O. boxes near their site. I will update my address on here of course. We are starting to plan our Thanksgiving. Should be an interesting feat with limited supplies. I recently heard bungee jumping in Uganda is like $60, but if you go naked it is free. Anybody know anything about this? Emily..? Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment