Tuesday, October 6, 2009

almost there...kinda


ready for lax with 80 pounds of my life.

So I'm in Philadelphia in what seems to be a pretty ghetto neighborhood.  That's based on walking 2 blocks and seeing no signs of food but plenty of graffiti, whistles at us (my roommate mandy), and an opened condom wrapper on the corner.  We turned back to the hotel and ordered pizza.  My flight yesterday was pretty much a nightmare.  To start, I had a window seat and get pretty claustrophobic but decided since I am trying all these new things I would suck it up. bad move. The 2 men next to me didn't give on the best vibes and I had to muster up the courage to finally ask to go to the bathroom.  Oh yea, that was after the first medical emergency.  A guy 3 rows up hit his head and was bleeding enough for the steward to announce an "emergency" and ask if there were any doctors.  Because of all that mess, only the first 12 rows got food and drink! Then about an hour later the guy behind me says he feels sick and is literally yellow. His wife is bawling and the doctor and nurse are back in action.  They had a hard time reading his pulse and were giving him oxygen and then gave him a friggin iv!  Pretty cool considering we are flying.  Since this seemed a bit more serious we had to make a medical emergency landing in Pittsburgh.  We stayed on the plane for what seemed like forever (prolly 45 min) but the plane was off so it was super hot! And all I had eaten was a power bar!  We eventually made it to Philadelphia and just chilled last night. Cried a bit, not gonna lie. Just turned in paperwork and will be meeting everyone in an hour. Oh yea, I have brown hair. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you figured it all out, Sister Marge. Rough start though, eeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dare i say it can only get 'better'? I don't want to bite my tongue considering you are going to freaking Rwanda....god speed maggie. best of luck....o yeah blessed be god (OG Saint Anthony style).xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would happen to you....how did your hair get brown so fast? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that's why it is called an adventure? Thanks for the mailing tips. Can't wait to hear about the next venture. Love Steph

    ReplyDelete