Tuesday, October 20, 2009

quickie

Just writing a quick one at the internet cafe of a few things I have forgotten to write...I am pretty sure all the buckets in our house are bright colors so we can't see how yellow the water is. once you dump it from the bath..OH MAN. its gnarly. Just want all of you to envision not having clean water. ever. People ask for my bottled water all the time. its crazy. Also, as apparently fake choking my host mom was awkward for some, I think someone else did me one up. A boy in our group was at his host family's house for the first time and the mom thought his toenails were too long so SHE CUT THEM! now, tell me my story was more awkward. He said there was nothing he could do. ahahhahahahah. Also, 2 people have gone home. So you get a sense of how things suck here. They do. I definitely miss home I am just hoping as time passes and we finish training things will get better. cross your fingers! That's all for now. Trying to download skype. Last night I was halfway finished and the whole town lost power. drat. xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    This is the fourth time I have tried to leave you a message! Bobby and I are sending you a package of goodies soon to make your stay more comfortable. I know its hard, but this is a life changing experience and I know you will cherish the memories and dirty water one day! Keep up the hard work! check out this website for lesson plans.
    www.lessonplanspage.com
    Love,
    Gianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You being there is making a difference. Hang in there. If you're not there, who will take your place ? Having been to Africa on five humanitarian trips...I know they need you. It will change the lives of many....including yours!

    ReplyDelete